OpenSSL

From: Victor Kirhenshtein <victor_at_DOMAIN_REMOVED>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:57:22 +0300

Hi all!

Now we have to choose - use OpenSSL library or not. Below I try to
summarize pros and cons of using OpenSSL:

Positive:

1. Well-tested encryption algorithm implementations
2. Ready to use encryption layer
3. Possibility to use certificates for authentication

Negative:

1. OpenSSL is a huge library, and we need only a few percents of it's
functionality
2. If we need encryption between server and agents, each agent will be
required to have OpenSSL library installed (and OpenSSL development
package for source distribution).
3. I heard about problems with passing large chunks of data through
OpenSSL, and NetXMS sometimes uses very large messages.

Any comments?

Regards,
Victor