RE: Log monitoring

From: Victor Kirhenshtein <victor_at_DOMAIN_REMOVED>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:48:46 +0300

Hi!

Sounds interesting. How I imagine this: you have set of rules for
matching log file records (or have no rules at all). If log record
matches one of the rules, it is being processed as described in policy.
If record is not matched, alarm is generated, and record placed to some
"unmatched records" store. Then, administartor can pick unmatched
records and (with some tool/wizard?) create new matching rule, which
will instruct agent either to ignore such kind of records or generate
specific event. Do I understand your idea correctly?

Best regards,
Victor