News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

NetXMS 2.0-RC2 released

Started by Victor Kirhenshtein, October 16, 2015, 06:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Kirhenshtein

Can you please share nxagent.db from affected system?

Dani@M3T

see attached file from the agent on the NetXMS server itself:

Alex Kirhenshtein

Thank you, we found the bug. Patch will be available shortly.

Victor Kirhenshtein

For those who build from sources - replace src/server/core/node.cpp with attached one and re-compile server. Problem should go away. Repacked sources and binaries will be available shortly as well.

Best regards,
Victor

Dani@M3T

I was out of office for a few hours.
But now I recompiled the server with your patched file. I also revert the agent on the NetXMS server itself back to cache mode = default. Then I rebooted the NetXMS server. The problem is here again. So I stopped the agent and deleted nxagentd.db again and started the agent again.
Now It's quite ;-)
Than I rebooted the server again for testing. At the moment I see the problem no more.
But to be sure I have to check again tomorrow.

Thanks Victor and Alex

Dani

Dani@M3T

I can confirm, problem is fixed with the patched 'node.cpp'.

thanks!
Dani

iGodunoff

Just installed NetXMS 2.0 RC2 (previous version was 2.0-M5 that worked fine). The installation process goes and finishes normally. However I can't start the NetXMS Core service. In Windows logs (System) I receive the following error message from NetXMSCore: "Your database has format version 356, but server is compiled for version 374". What does it mean and how can I get NetXMS server working?

P. S. Database server is MySQL 5.6.27 (GPL).

Andreas@rc

Quote from: iGodunoff on October 21, 2015, 11:49:00 AM
Just installed NetXMS 2.0 RC2 (previous version was 2.0-M5 that worked fine). The installation process goes and finishes normally. However I can't start the NetXMS Core service. In Windows logs (System) I receive the following error message from NetXMSCore: "Your database has format version 356, but server is compiled for version 374". What does it mean and how can I get NetXMS server working?

P. S. Database server is MySQL 5.6.27 (GPL).

Simply upgrade your database: https://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/Server_Installation_Guide

iGodunoff

OK, thank you! NetXMS 2.0-RC2 installer upgrades the database automatically after the installation itself has finished. However my database contained some errors and of course was not upgraded. All works fine after the database repairing.

Toepfe

Hi Victor,

Big thanks for the new release! Great that you realised a maintenance mode implementation. I played a little bit around with it and it seems that I found a bug:

If I edit a future scheduled task (change hour), the Schedule Type (Maintenance:Enter) get a strange name and after a while I get the message "'Delete scheduled task' has encountered a problem. Cannot update scheduled tasks: Connection reset by peer: socket write error" (See also screenshots). In my case, this is reproduceable.

This problem does not ocour if the scheduled task is configured as cron schedule. But there is a small cosmetic issue. When entering the edit mode both "schedule marks" are active ("One time execution" / "Cron schedule").

It would be nice if it would be possible to mark a group or more than one nodes (as if in the Package Manager when distributing new versions of nxagent) when configuring a scheduled task.

Bye
Heimo  ;)

slako

missed kannel.sms driver on Windows installation. Checked fresh install on windows7 and windows 2003
No such file in bin directory

upd: dummy.sms is absent too

upd2: Can anyone attach missed files here?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

we've included kannel.sms into new release (2.0). Do you still need 2.0-RC2 version?

Best regards,
Victor

slako

No, thank you! Happy New Year!