NetXMS 2.1-M1 released

Started by Victor Kirhenshtein, October 09, 2016, 04:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi all!

NetXMS 2.1-M1 is out! It is first milestone release in 2.1 branch. It is not considered stable, although we do our best to ensure that is stable and usable. Changes from 2.0.6 are following:

* 2.1-M1
- New policy type: Log Parser
- New server configuration parameter "JobRetryCount"
- Chassis objects
- Hypervisor monitoring subagent
- In case of Policy deploy, Policy uninstall or File upload jobs fail they are scheduled for reinstallation(scheduled tasks)  "JobRetryCount" times. First time job is rescheduled in 10 minutes. Each next wait time is twice more than the previous time.
- If policy is known as installed on the node by the server and agent reposts that it is not installed it is being reinstalled.
- Added configuration option to log parser to generate event only if regular expression have been matched exact count of the times in a predefined time period
- New internal parameters: Server.ReceivedSNMPTraps, Server.ReceivedSyslogMessages, ReceivedSNMPTraps, ReceivedSyslogMessages
- Max size of agent data collectiors pool can be configured
- Agent data reconciliation block size and timeout can be configured
- New agent parameters System.CPU.CurrentUsage and System.CPU.CurrentUsage(*)
- SSH subagent (for collecting data and executing actions via SSH)
- Zone ID can be set for agent in SNMP proxy mode
- Zones has common default proxy node for all protocols
- Zone's proxy node can be placed inside that zone
- Syslog proxy in agent
- Built-in superuser account renamed to "system"
- Default "admin" account now is ordinary member of "Admins" group without built-in privileges
- New method "enableDiscoveryPolling" in NXSL class "Node"
- New NXSL functions: AgentExecuteAction, GetAllNodes
- NXSL functions GetNodeInterfaces, GetNodeTemplates, GetNodeParents, GetObjectChildren returns correct object classes
- Agent effective user and group can be set in configuration file
- Agent environment variables can be set in configuration file
- Added method "getResourceOwner" and attribute "nodes" to NXSL "Cluster" class
- New object tool type "server script"
- Number of polls can be set for "diff" type thresholds
- Instance discovery scripts can return instances as map instance/instance name
- CPU usage parameters on Windows moved to winnt.nsm from winperf.nsm and no longer depends on PDH
- New agent metrics for self-monitoring:
   Agent.SyslogProxy.IsEnabled, Agent.SyslogProxy.ReceivedMessages, Agent.SyslogProxy.QueueSize
- Management console
   - New editors for Agent Config Policy and Log Parser Policy.
   - DCI summary tables with empty menu path not shown in object context menu
- Fixed issues: #69, #80, #92, #397, #521, #568, #723, #795, #906, #909, #942, #949, #959, #992, #999, #1006, #1015, #1044, #1051, #1096, #1100, #1159, #1187, #1191, #1230, #1237, #1245, #1246, #1249, #1254, #1257, #1261, #1263, #1275, #1282, #1284, #1288, #1302

Best regards,
Victor

Alex Kirhenshtein

Debian/Ubuntu packages are available in "beta" repository, don't forget to add it alongside with the "main".

Dani@M3T

Thanks for all the new features and bug fixes! Especially thanks to Alex and Victor.
Update from V2.0.6 worked smoothly on Linux x64 from sources and agents on linux and windows x86 and x64.
More testing will be necessairy.

edit:
problem in web interface, .war-File copied to webapps dir, renamed to ROOT.war as usual, tomcat error:
"description The request resource is not available"

Alex Kirhenshtein

Dani@M3T

Thanks Alex. I didn't knew the new prerequisite. I will update the server to V8 this week.

edit: I switched to Oracle JRE 8 Update 101 and that fixed the problem, thanks Alex.

tomaskir

This is BY FAR my favorite NetXMS release.

All the UX fixes included are absolutely great!

ditonet

Hello,

System.CPU.Usage5 on Windows Server 2012 shows wrong values.
See attached screenshot

Regards, Grzegorz.

Dani@M3T

Since update from NetXMS V2.0.6 on Windows nodes (Win2012R2) the only loaded subagent is WINNT.NSM. So no FileManager or Windows Performance Counters.
Our NetXMS agents get the basic config from server (Agent Configuration Manager) and the rest from existing AgentPolicy (in there is also the list of subagents to load).
I reinstalled AgentPolicy, in agent log (debug=6) I see the AgentPolicy is stored at "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\nxagentd\config_ap".
Is this a new path for AgentConfigs, before it was "C:\Program Files\NetXMS\etc\nxagentd.conf.d"?

edit:
I changed in AgentConfigManager
"ConfigIncludeDir = ${ProgramFiles}\NetXMS\etc\nxagentd.conf.d" to
"ConfigIncludeDir = ${localappdata}\nxagentd\config_ap"

Are there other changes necessairy like this?

edit2:
to use LogParserPolicies, is there another path setting necessairy in the agent config file?

I have attachted the agent log (debug=6).

Dani@M3T

should I open a new thread in 'general support' section of the forum for the log parser policy problem?

Victor Kirhenshtein

I think yes.

Best regards,
Victor