Network Map

Started by MatthewDreher, June 23, 2016, 06:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewDreher

Hello,

Is there a way to have downed services show up on a network map? 

So, if I have ServiceCheck.Custom(%{node_name},80) as a DCI on a node and it's named (HTTP), is there a way to have that show up on a network map when it goes down?

Thank you.

MatthewDreher

basically, I'd like the mouseover info of Show last value in object tooltips to display on the network map. 

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

you can mark DCI to be shown in object tooltips (on "Other options" page in DCI properties). You can also add DCI display information to network map using "DCI container" or "DCI image" decorations.

Best regards,
Victor

MatthewDreher

Is there a way to have the object tooltips to be shown without having to interact with the Map?  We want to put this up on a TV and have it display the state of services on a node.  An example use case would be to monitor a Microsoft Lync server.  Need to monitor port 443, 80, 5061, 445, and of course icmp.  If one of these services becomes unavailable, I'd like the node to show up red, and show the name of the service that's having the issue. 

Victor Kirhenshtein

You cannot show tooltips non-interactively. However, you can put DCI values on a map using DCI container decoration. Or you can use DCI image and use transparent image when threshold not active and non-transparent image with service information when threshold is active.

Best regards,
Victor