NetXMS and SNOM phones

Started by VMGuy, December 19, 2014, 03:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VMGuy

Hi,

I'm currently trying add data collection parameters for our SNOM phones.
But unfortunately they support only snmpget and their agent is very limited (see: http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:SNMP).

I already tried to add a custom snmp.testoid parameter.
After that it gets recognized as an snmp device (side effect is that the hostname disappears).

But data collection parameters don't work (with or without snmp.testoid). The value is just "<<ERROR>>"
Linux snmpget (e.g. snmpget -v1 -c public a.b.c.d .1.3.6.1.2.1.7526.2.4) works.

Is there any way how to make data collection work?

Thanks, VMGuy

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

is it possible to provide me SNMP access to one of such phones?

Best regards,
Victor

Victor Kirhenshtein

Fixed that (fix will be included in 2.0-M1). Problem was that status poll always used OID ".1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0". I change it so status poll will use value of snmp.testoid attribute.

Best regards,
Victor

VMGuy

I created now a new template with a custom attribute snmp.testoid = .1.3.6.1.2.1.7526.2.4 and an automatic filter that applies to all SNOM phones.
The phone were added to this template by NetXMS, but the SNMP poll doesn't work.
It looks like the custom attribute of the template doesn't apply to the linked nodes.

When I add the snmp.testoid directly to a phone node it works, but not with the template.

Is that a bug or did I miss something?

Thanks, VMGuy

Victor Kirhenshtein

no, custom attributes are not intended to be copied when you apply template. You can use scripts to create custom attributes where needed (for example, handle SYS_NODE_ADDED event, identify node as SNOM phone and add this attribute).

Best regards,
Victor

VMGuy

Tried it today and it worked.
Thanks for that.

But I would vote for an additional flag where I can say "Apply custom attribute on linked nodes".
Would be great if it could be set per attribute.

Thanks, VMGuy