Performance Graphs

Started by MatthewDreher, September 22, 2016, 07:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewDreher

Hello,

Is it possible to have a performance graphs with multiple nodes on it?  for example, windows perf counter of w3svc requests/second where I see 3 servers at the same time?

Thank you.

Tursiops

Once you open any graph, you can right-click in it, select Properties and under Data Sources add any data source to it.

You can also save the graph for later use (if you want to organise them, give them names like "A -> B -> C". This will create a graph "C" underneath a "folder structure" A\B in the "Graphs" tab on the left (or View -> Predefined Graphs).
Unfortunately this kind of structuring comes with a drawback on permissions. At least I haven't managed to set permissions on such a "folder". I have to set them per graph - and if I don't set any, the only user who will be able to see those saved graphs is myself. Of course that might not be an issue for you.

MatthewDreher

Perhaps I'm looking at something wrong.  I'm unable to right-click on a performance graph.  Is there another way to view the graphs that I'm missing?

Victor Kirhenshtein

There is "Performance" tab in node properties - those are selected DCIs for selected node. This is probably what you are talking about. But you can open "Last values" tab for node, select any DCI, and open graph for it (by double click or from context menu). On that graph you can add additional data sources as described earlier.

Best regards,
Victor

MatthewDreher

Would there be a way to make this into a dashboard of sorts, with multiple graphs and the like?

tomaskir

Yes, simply create a dashboard and put all the graphs you want on it :)