Agent Screenshot

Started by lindeamon, October 27, 2014, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

Hi,

does this works ?
what do i need to enable it ?
i get server internal error when trying to execute it.

10x,
Lindeamon

Alex Kirhenshtein

Hello.

Right now it works only on Windows. In addition to NetXMS agent, you also need to start "nxsagent" (it's added to RunOnce registry key by the installer) to make it work. Server IP also should be in MasterServers ACL.
If you start it with "-H" argument ("nxsagent -H"), window will be hidden.

lindeamon

Hi Alex,

thank you very much. i'll give it a try

Regards,
Lindeamon

iGodunoff

Unfortunately it doesn't work at all because nxsagent requires nxzlib.dll which isn't installed into NetXMS\bin directory. It seems that the nxagent installer program has an error. It should copy nxzlib.dll into NetXMS\bin (at least when I check mark "Install session agent") but it doesn't. As a result I see the error message every time I log in to my Windows system. The session agent doesn't start of course, and I can't get a screenshot.

Of course, I can copy nxzlib.dll into NetXMS\bin manually but where can get it?

iGodunoff

And one more important addition. Session agents running on Windows XP Pro machines produce very poor quality screenshots (fully transparent backgrounds, unreadable text etc.). Agents running on XP Home machines can't produce screenshots at all (although session agents are starting and running with no errors). At present time I didn't test 'get screenshot' function on many different Windows versions and editions yet, but it seems that in modern OSes (eg. Win8/8.1) all work fine.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Both problems (missing nxzlib and screenshot quality) already fixed in upcoming release.

Best regards,
Victor

iGodunoff

jhonnyvey

When i try to get screenshot i got this error:

"Cannot take screenshot: Operation cannot be completed due to agent error"

Agent working perfect in host.
Is this feature working?

Tks

tomaskir

If the session agent is running, the feature should work (does for me on Windows).

jhonnyvey

Hi,

I'm trying to capture the screen of windows server.
In attchament follows the screenshot of the services that are running.
Need i turn on any other service to work?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

you need session agent (nxsagent.exe) to run in user sessions.

Best regards,
Victor

jhonnyvey

Hi,

I already try it
Running with -H or without i see the message " Connected to master agent" then messages " Receive message CMD_KEEPALIVE"
But when try to got screent shot receive message: Cannot take screenshot: Operation cannot be completed due to agent error"

Running agent on Windows 2012 R2 Server x64

Tks!

CostinB

Hello,

I just wanted to state that i have the same issue as lindeamon, but looking thru the logs i see the actual "take Screenshot" feature defaults to take a snapshot of the console session (for servers that allow multiple users to be logged on).

If you login to the console session the screenshot option works as expected, but by default on servers you do not connect to the console session, so that is why you get the error.

This is what i see in the logs when i push the "take screenshot"   [session:0] Take snapshot from session "Console"
And when i manually start the nxsagent i get :
Session agent connector 1: login as username@RDP-Tcp#22 [8]

Is there any way to take a screenshot of a different user, or other than the console session?

Thank you,
Costin

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

currently screenshots defaulted to console session. We will add session selector in one of next versions.

Best regards,
Victor