alarm visualisation problem- object tree

Started by flynao, August 05, 2014, 10:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flynao

Hi,

Since I cleaned the old alarms on the my database I'm having this problem.

In fact, I'm getting alarms but I cann't see them on the object tree.

Do you have a clue how I cuold fixe it?

BTW, I'm running version 1.2.15 but the problem is coming from version 1.2.14. Thanks

a picture of my Netxms console is attached

flynao

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this. Can you please send me console log (usually %HOME%\.nxmc\data\.metadata\.log)? Do you have this problem on all consoles or only on one?

Best regards,
Victor

flynao

Hi Victor,

I'm having the same problem on all the consoles (5 different  users).

Please find attached the required ile

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

I've found a problem, although I cannot understand what caused it yet. From the log it looks like there are some alarm(s) with invalid severity code (255), and some UI parts cannot handle it correctly. Could you please post results of the following SQL queries:

SELECT alarm_id,original_severity,current_severity FROM alarms WHERE alarm_state<>3;

SELECT rule_id,alarm_severity FROM event_policy;

Best regards,
Victor

flynao

Hi Victor,

Please find attached the cvs files from the required queries.

Thanks

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

can you please show how rule number 37 in event processing policy looks like?

Best regards,
Victor

flynao

Hi Victor.

Rule 37 terminates interface down alarms when interface is up even though the rule has been set to terminate the alarm generate by rule 36, the action/alarm/terminate was configured on the tool box but not shown on the event processing policy.

Please find attached the screen shots from the event processing policy for rule 37 and the properties window for the same rule showing the action "terminate all alarms with key".

thanks so much for your help.

flynao

Hi Victor,

I changed the rule and deleted all the alarms with current severity 255. The problem is so far solved. Thanks your your guidance about this issue.

Regards,

Christian

Victor Kirhenshtein

Looks like some bug either in console or server cause incorrect severity value in the rule, and then this severity was copied into all matching alarms. I'll do additional source code checks to find out the root cause. But your configuration should be good now.

Best regards,
Victor