News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

error while upgrading to 1.2.17

Started by doki, October 20, 2014, 01:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doki

Hi,

I'm stuck on Checking core services while upgrading to 1.2.17 fro 1.2.16. please see attached screen shots.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

try to find and kill all netxmsd.exe processes that are running. I also recommend to reboot the OS after installer finishes.

Best regards,
Victor

doki

I got this error... try rebooting it after the install and the netxms core service cannot be started.

doki

I've removed everything, install the latest version and use the exsisting DB (Mysql) same error during installation i had to stop netxmsd.exe twice to complete the installation. rebooted the server and try to run the service but same error occur. Please help.

Thanks.

doki

i've setup a new server. install everything. and im still stuck on this screen. please see attached screenshot.

Andreas@rc

Hi,

as I'm facing the same problem right now (https://www.netxms.org/forum/installation/upgrade-from-1-2-16-to-1-2-17-error/), can you tell me what OS you are using? The screenshot indicates, that you're using Windows Server 2003 as myself.

As we ran a short test, Win 7 allows the core service to start without problems.

@Developers
So ... is Win Server 2003 still supported with 1.2.17?

doki

Yes your correct. Im using windows 2003 server standard. 32bit os.

doki

Due to a lot of issues errors I've encounter. I temporary  revert my installation to 1.2.16.

ditonet

I also noticed same problem as doki on Win XP.

Regards,

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

Windows XP and Server 2003 should still be supported. We didn't change anything in that regard. Can somebody provide me with remote access to test machine so I can try to do upgrade myself and see what happens?

Best regards,
Victor