MIB Import bug

Started by gmonk63, November 20, 2015, 11:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmonk63

Maybe a bug in mib import for 2.0  tried importing mib that  was successfull in 1.2.17 but never shows up in mib explorer on 2.0  it does compile without error but just never shows up in the tree

Alex Kirhenshtein

gmonk63

sorry just realized after i posted

Alex Kirhenshtein

Works for me.
Make sure that you updating correct file – we've changed filesytem layout a bit, now it's in $prefix/var/lib/netxms.
Start server with debug level 1 or higher and search for this line in log:
[20-Nov-2015 23:45:12.379] [DEBUG] Data directory set to /opt/netxms/var/lib/netxms

gmonk63

ah hah  ;D

Works now  this is running on a Rasberry pi and I left everything at defaults when i compiled it so i was running

nxmibc -d /usr/local/share/netxms/mibs -o /usr/local/share/netxms/mibs/netxms.mib

but data directory was  /usr/local/var/lib/netxms

Thanks for the help

jhawkins

I am having a similar problem but I am not able to get the mibs imported.  I have downloaded the VMware 5.5 and 6 mibs in addition to the dell r65 server mibs.  When I run the complier I get the following error: 

ERROR 003: Parser error - syntax error, unexpected UCASEFIRST_IDENT_SYM, expecting DEFINITIONS_SYM in line 1

I am new to NetXMS and maybe this is no more than user error.  If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

The notification log is attached.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Can you post MIB file you are trying to compile and got this error?

Best regards,
Victor

jhawkins

I have attached the 3 mib libraries I am trying to compile.  I am not sure which specific mib is the problem just yet.  I am in the process of importing them 1 at a time to isolate the problematic mib.