Can't install netxms-base_1.2.12_amd64.deb on wheezy debian

Started by peterjn, March 19, 2014, 10:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterjn

I can't install netxms-base_1.2.12_amd64.deb (http://www.netxms.com/apt/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/netxms-base_1.2.12_amd64.deb) on debian wheezy.

I get the following error:
netxms-base depends on libssl0.9.8; however:
  Package libssl0.9.8 is not installed.

I have the idea that the .deb package mistakenly reference libssl0.9.8.
After unpacking the package the libraries in the pack reference libcrypto.so.1.0.0

andrey--k

Same error already reported.
Quote from: andrey--k on February 23, 2014, 12:42:05 PM
You can install package from squeeze by "dpkg -i"

https://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libssl0.9.8

peterjn

When I unpack the packages (dpkg –x) and use 'ldd –v' to see which library is used it seems to reference libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (part of libssl1.0.0).

Maybe I am wrong but it seems the reference in the .deb file to libssl0.9.8 is wrong.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Yes, it's a bug in package declaration. It is fixed in upcoming 1.2.13 release.

Best regards,
Victor

c0mputerking

this is still not working for me 1.2.14 i get same error on squeeze

netxms-base depends on libssl1.0.0; however:
  Package libssl1.0.0 is not installed.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

did you get right package? We have both wheezy and squeeze - web site points to wheezy packages.

Best regards,
Victor

c0mputerking

Thank you!

installing the correct package version for squeeze worked i did not know there were different versions, also is there a way to install NetXMS via your repository? ie add the url to /etc/apt/sources.list and do apt-get install netxms-agent or server or whatever?

Novamel

Thanks for the post. Its really helped me. Actually I joined this forum to clear the Netxms installation problem. I am working as network admin in link removed, so decided to install this software. But a problem occurred while installation and also had some database upgradation problem. This post is useful and no need of a new post regarding the installation error. I have got the solution.