News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Cross Compile Help Please

Started by gmonk63, December 18, 2015, 07:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmonk63

Need help with this i am trying to cross compile just the agent for a device that uses an older kernel 2.6.26.8  with gcc version 4.2.1  and always have issues with  __sync_add_fetch_4  error and I know it is becuase of the older gcc version  is there any way around this ?  This device does not have snmp support which is why I would like to have an agent running on it ...

I have successfully compiled different programs for this devices but having issues on netxms agent

Thanks

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

most likely problem is not related to gcc itself (4.2.1 support atomic operations) but to architecture you are compiling for. What is your target platform?

Best regards,
Victor

gmonk63

Target is MIPS32 24KEc  and gave the wrong gcc version its actually 4.1.2    I noticed it complains generally  around building and linking libnxsnmp... I dont need the snmp library tools at all just the linux subagent since I only want it to send the linux stats and be able to send a remote command to the device when needed ...

gmonk63

So then am I out of luck on this one ???

Alex Kirhenshtein

What toolchain you are using? I personally compiled agent for OpenWRT running on Atheros AR7240 (MIPS 24Kc) using standard buildroot-based environment.
Btw, if you are compiling for OpenWRT – you can use our feed: https://github.com/netxms/openwrt-feed

gmonk63

Its is openwrt but they are using a very old version kamikaze    I have not had any problems building the package on later versions ..and all the research I have done points to the issues of the atomic functions not being supported on the gcc version that's included with the kamikaze toolchain I believe 4.2.1 is the version of gcc that is included.