Importing database 1.2.16

Started by CMouncey, November 26, 2014, 11:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMouncey

Hello,

I have exported a database from a windows platform (32 bit) and am trying to import the database onto a Ubuntu (32 bit) platform. Both are 1.2.16 using MySQL, when I run the import I receive the following SQL errors:

Importing table raw_dci_values
SQL query failed (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''' at line 1):
INSERT INTO raw_dci_values (item_id,raw_value,transformed_value,last_poll_time) VALUES ('8600','ô_B•ô_öXw¡4775807','ô_B•ô_öXw¡4775807','1352840681')
ERROR: SQL query "SELECT * FROM raw_dci_values" on import file failed (callback requested query abort)
Database import failed.

I have run nxdbmgr upgrade, check, check-data-tables am at a loss where to go. Any ideas?

tomaskir

Is the collation (charset) of the new DB schema the same as the old DB schema?

CMouncey

Thank you for your reply,

Yes both Databases are using Latin1_swedish_ci as the collation and Latin1 as Characterset

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Do you use precompiled binaries or you compile NetXMS on Ubunto from sources?

Best regards,
Victor

CMouncey

Hello Victor,

The NetXMS was compiled on the server using the source code download - netxms-1.2.16.tar.gz

CMouncey

FYI, we stripped the data from inside the database and that removed the illegal characters. The (shell) database then loaded successfully and we were able to use the database, although all of the historic values were missing (we had stripped them)). Could this be something to do with the export/import function?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

You may need to build NetXMS in UNICODE mode (by adding --enable-unicode to configure) or set proper code page in netxmsd.conf (CodePage parameter).

Best regards,
Victor