NetXMS system requirements

Started by a4katapz, July 27, 2015, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a4katapz

Hi! I am working on a project with NetXMS and I wonder what system requrements do I need on a machine , used only for NetXMS with 5000 configured nodes?(syslog,network maps)?

lindeamon

start by deciding which OS platform you want to use and which DB platform you want to use if you are going to install the server with the DB on the same machine.

a4katapz

I am thinking of a virtual machine - vmware , linux ubuntu and MySQL DB.
Yes, I am planning one machine for now.

Victor Kirhenshtein

I would recommend 8-16GB RAM and 4 CPU cores. For this number of nodes you'll have instant flow of INSERTs in database, so you may want to give most attention to I/O and MySQL tuning.

Best regards,
Victor

a4katapz

augusteDOUAMBA

Hello, I tried netxms on 500 node. It is a very powerful tool. Thank you and congratulations. I would like to deploy it on a wider scale. I don't have any planning tools on hand. Can the single server monitor 5000 nodes with 50000 dci?
If so, what should the characteristics of the server be?

Filipp Sudanov

Quote from: augusteDOUAMBA on March 06, 2024, 07:05:06 PMHello, I tried netxms on 500 node. It is a very powerful tool. Thank you and congratulations. I would like to deploy it on a wider scale. I don't have any planning tools on hand. Can the single server monitor 5000 nodes with 50000 dci?
If so, what should the characteristics of the server be?
Rough requirements are the same as mentioned above, 8-16GB RAM and 4 CPU cores, fast storage - ssd or nvme is recommended.
Attention should be paid to tuning of your database