The problems caused by log file monitor

Started by Med, January 29, 2015, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Med

Nice to meet you! Is Med.

I am using version 1.2.16.
Performs monitor settings of text file log of other applications, where it is enabled, it became a situation where other applications can not write to the log file.
To recover when you disable the monitor of the log file.

When you look the source is open the file in "file.cpp" in "_sopen", but it is open flag had become a "_O_RDONLY" rather than "O_RDONLY", Do you want to influence this difference?
Or, want me your professor if you have that other can be considered.

Thank you.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

on what operating system you have this problem?

Best regards,
Victor

Med

Hi, Victor

Thank immediately reply.

I feel bad.
It is similarly occur in the following of the OS.
Windows Server 2003 R2
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2012

Thank you.

Med

Hello!

I saw examines various, but not been able to find the cause.
Although has been added "_" at the beginning in the example of MSDN, or will become the same meaning?
We want your professor.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/z0kc8e3z.aspx

Best regards,
Med

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

O_RDONLY means that agent wants read only access to the file. Sharing mode is controlled by third argument, which is set to _SH_DENYNO, meaning that agent allows both read and write shared access to the file. However, the problem may be with the application writing to the file - if application requests exclusive access (i.e. not permitting read access by others), it will not be able to open file for writing. We cannot do anything about it. If you can control the application in question you can change it or request application developers to allow shared read access to the log.

Best regards,
Victor