Upgrade from 1.2.16 to 1.2.17 error

Started by Andreas@rc, October 20, 2014, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas@rc

Hi,

I just tried to update our NetXMS server from 1.2.16 to 1.2.17, but the updated version wont start.
DB check was ok, installation went without problems, but after I tried to start the server, I got the error found in the attachment.

Server is a Win 2003 R2.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

seems like some file(s) was not updated. Can you please find out what file in bin directory contains string "getKeyByIndex"?

Best regards,
Victor

Andreas@rc

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on October 20, 2014, 02:53:30 PM
Hi,

seems like some file(s) was not updated. Can you please find out what file in bin directory contains string "getKeyByIndex"?

Best regards,
Victor

Hi,

sure but how? ... MS search only looks into "readable" files (e.g *.txt, *.doc, ...) but as stated in the screenshot, "getKeyByIndex" is found in serveral DLL's (and *.pds's), "libnetxms.dll", "libnetxms.pdb" or "libnxsl.dll" to name some.
Looking in all of them is kinda ... troublesome.

lindeamon

you can use totalcommander.
go into to the root directory of netxms, open the search dialog, search for all files by putting "*" and put the requested search string in the "find text"

Lindeamon

Andreas@rc

Hi,

sorry for the late response.
The error was most likely the some one start the install after this system was running and uncheck most of the components. And since I started the installation with /silent, most parts weren't installed.

Now, I have the same problem as described here https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/error-while-upgrading-to-1-2-17/. The core service won't start, debug (per netxmsd.conf or command line) doesn't work (more precisely, no information are logged). Reboot didn't help.

tonyams

Hi:

I'm having the same problem as well. Using Windows Server 2003 R2. Netxms core service won't start.

Regards,

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

is there anything in log? If not, try to set logging to file in netxmsd.conf and run netxmsd from command line with full debug:

netxmsd.exe -D9

Best regards,
Victor

Andreas@rc

Quote from: Andreas@rc on October 22, 2014, 10:24:05 AM
Hi,

sorry for the late response.
The error was most likely the some one start the install after this system was running and uncheck most of the components. And since I started the installation with /silent, most parts weren't installed.

Now, I have the same problem as described here https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/error-while-upgrading-to-1-2-17/. The core service won't start, debug (per netxmsd.conf or command line) doesn't work (more precisely, no information are logged). Reboot didn't help.

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on November 04, 2014, 11:12:47 AM
Hi,

is there anything in log? If not, try to set logging to file in netxmsd.conf and run netxmsd from command line with full debug:

netxmsd.exe -D9

Best regards,
Victor

Hi,

as I said before, even with enabled debuging, no log is written. It looks like the programms hangs before writting anything to the log file is possible.

Victor Kirhenshtein

How's your netxmsd.conf looks like? Can you run nxdbmgr.exe or any other command line tool?

Best regards,
Victor

Andreas@rc

netxmsd.conf:
LogFile = E:\NetXMS\log\netxms.log
DBDriver = sqlite.ddr
DBName = E:\NetXMS\database\netxms_db
LogFailedSQLQueries = yes
DebugLevel = 9

nxdbmgr is still working.