NetXMS 1.2.8 released

Started by Victor Kirhenshtein, July 21, 2013, 10:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Kirhenshtein

Quote from: tivanni on July 24, 2013, 11:40:26 AM
Thank you so much!

For info, is this issue (https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/can%27t-get-switch-forwarding-database-on-cisco-2960/msg10277/#msg10277) resolved in 1.2.8?

I hope so. In my test lab everything works as expected. Check if you still have this issue. If yes, we will have to try to debug this remotely...

Best regards,
Victor

edin

Hi all,

I'm new to NetXMS, a really great tool. I din't make the install myself, it was already installed in the company when I got the job.
I have one question. There are around 40 nodes in my network. Do I need to install manually the 1.2.8 update on every agent, or is there another way to do that? Maybe with a script or something like that.

Thank you,
Edin

tonyams

Hi Victor:

Just wanted to congratulate you for such a wonderful product. Keep up the good work.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Quote from: edin on July 24, 2013, 12:44:27 PM
I'm new to NetXMS, a really great tool. I din't make the install myself, it was already installed in the company when I got the job.
I have one question. There are around 40 nodes in my network. Do I need to install manually the 1.2.8 update on every agent, or is there another way to do that? Maybe with a script or something like that.

That depends on the target operating systems. If these are Windows, or UNIX with build tools, you can use centralized agent upgrade. Download needed agent packages and npi files into same directory, then open Configuration -> Package Manager in console. Press green plus sign icon and select npi file. Agent installation package will be uploaded to server. Then right click on package, and select "deploy". Select nodes you want to deploy package on, and wait until upgrade process completes.

Best regards,
Victor

edin

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on July 24, 2013, 09:29:01 PM
Hi!

That depends on the target operating systems. If these are Windows, or UNIX with build tools, you can use centralized agent upgrade. Download needed agent packages and npi files into same directory, then open Configuration -> Package Manager in console. Press green plus sign icon and select npi file. Agent installation package will be uploaded to server. Then right click on package, and select "deploy". Select nodes you want to deploy package on, and wait until upgrade process completes.

Best regards,
Victor

Thank you for the fast answer Victor. There are both Windows and Unix/Linux systems. Do you think there will be problems because of the cross-platform configuration? One another thing. I need first install the upgrade on the NetXMS server, and then go with centralized agent upgrade? Just to be sure.

Regards,
Edin

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Yes, it's best to upgrade server first. If you have multiple platforms, you just need to upload packages for every platform. On deployment server compares package target platform with actual node platform, so even if you select Linux servers as a target for Windows package, it will not break anything.

Best regards,
Victor

edin

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on July 25, 2013, 02:32:16 PM
Hi!

Yes, it's best to upgrade server first. If you have multiple platforms, you just need to upload packages for every platform. On deployment server compares package target platform with actual node platform, so even if you select Linux servers as a target for Windows package, it will not break anything.

Best regards,
Victor

Thank you very much for all those answers.

Regards,
Edin

millerpaint

Greetings,

Is it OK to upgrade directly from 1.2.6 to 1.2.8 ?

-Kevin C.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Yes, you can upgrade directly to 1.2.8.

Best regards,
Victor

[email protected]

Tryed to install 1.2.8 agent to FreeBSD 9.1 and got an error:

gmake[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/testnetxms/netxms-1.2.8/src/sqlite'
  CC     libnxsqlite_la-sqlite3.lo
sqlite3.c:23531: error: 'fchmod' undeclared here (not in a function)
gmake[3]: *** [libnxsqlite_la-sqlite3.lo] Error 1

So, extracted source files from the package and in ./src/sqlite/sqlite3.c
added:

#include <sys/stat.h>

This time compilation was successfull.

Is it possible to repackage nxagent-1.2.8.apkg?

lindeamon

hi victor,

when will you release v 1.2.9 ?

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

I plan to release 1.2.9 by end of August. It will be mostly bugfix release.
Btw, I completely forgot about patched 1.2.8 console I promise you. There are download links:

https://netxms.org/download/nxmc/nxmc-1.2.8-fp1-win32-x64.zip
https://netxms.org/download/nxmc/nxmc-1.2.8-fp1-win32-x86.zip

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

thank you for the patches.
needless to ask that they will be applied to the next release ?

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

KArt

hi Victor,
You wrote that "-Configuration file nxmc.properties can be placed outside of war file", but when i tried to find nxmc.properties in war file by guide http://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/Web_Interface_Installation_Guide I didn't find it.
And Where I can placed nxmc.properties for changes?