News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

NetXMS 3.9 released

Started by Victor Kirhenshtein, July 27, 2021, 11:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi all!

NetXMS version 3.9 is released. It is minor release that provides lot of improvements over 3.8 and likely last one before major release 4.0. Full change log since 3.8:

- Predefined object queries
- LDAP synchronization filter
- User's email and phone number synchronized with LDAP
- Bind9 subagent rewritten in C++ and uses HTTP API
- New NXSL function replace
- Added Geolocation.History.RetentionTime server configuration parameter and geolocation history clearing by housekeeper
- Added percentage value to pie chart
- Added drill down object for tube and pie charts
- Network map link color can be defined by script
- Added method to get all tooltip data of the network map in one request
- New NXSL functions to make web service custom requests (GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE)
- JQ used for json parsing in web service requests
- NXSL function assert() accepts second argument - diagnostic message
- If agent configuration contains errors agent starts anyway and reports configuration load failure
- Agent configuration tree logged on startup
- Fixed broken "Responsible Users" object property page
- Object management endpoints in web API
- Source build configuration script do not throw error if libjq, libcurl, libssh, libmosquitto, or OpenLDAP are not available unless they are explicitly required
- Cambium ePMP driver can read geo coordinates from device
- Improved InfluxDB driver
- Fixed issues:
        NX-408 (Alarm log columns Ack by/Resolved by/Terminated by contain "admin" if not set)
        NX-1548 (Allow monitoring of dynamic number of logs via Logwatch)
        NX-1899 (Add description filter to Summary Table column definition)
        NX-1903 (REST API AdHoc Summary Table - add ability to filter dci on description instead of just dciName)
        NX-1964 (Windows installer unable to create user on MySQL 8 )
        NX-1995 (Create object endpoint for REST API)
        NX-2030 (Use last known coordinates when re-adding node to network map)
        NX-2046 (Get remote file fingerprint using file manager)
        NX-2059 (Predefined object queries)
        NX-2061 (Add changing file owner and changing file permissions functionality to file delivery policy)
        NX-2063 (Detect conversion from group to super group in Telegram notification channel)
        NX-2070 (Add notification log and server action execution log)
        NX-2073 (Generate event when duplicate MAC address is detected on the network)
        NX-2074 (DCI Table Last Value Column Widths are very large)
        NX-2082 (File upload should support resume and consistency checks)
        NX-2083 (Alarm list scrolls when alarms being added or removed)
        NX-2086 (Notification channel driver for Google Chat)
        NX-2087 (Incorrect values reported by WindowsFirewall.State)
        NX-2088 (PostgreSQL driver reporting internal error "pResult is NULL in DrvExecute")

Best regards,
Victor

Spheron

Hi Victor,

at install from server i got the following error message: jq.dll not found

Please see screenshot in attachment.. Thanks..

What can i do?

Greetings
Marco

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

it's packaging error. I just uploaded updated installers for agent and server, please try to download again.

Best regards,
Victor

Spheron

Hello Victor,

thanks for the fast help. But now i had another problem at install. Please take a look here:

https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/install-server-3-9-156-fails-with-db-error/

Greetings
Marco

ChrisM

Hi Victor

I am struggling to upgrade my Ubuntu 20.04 Netxms-server (3.8 version ) to the latest version (3.9 )  it fails saying missing mysql.ddr (I have confirmed and the file is missing)

This was built previously with Mysql and worked fine (3.8 )

I have tried to upgrade via the "get-apt" process and it fails.

I have removed the netxms-server via apt-get remove and tried to reinstall:

apt-get install netxms-server netxms-dbdrv-mysql

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package netxms-dbdrv-mysql

If i try: apt-get install netxms-server

The following NEW packages will be installed:
  netxms-server
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/12.3 MB of archives.
After this operation, 127 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously unselected package netxms-server:amd64.
(Reading database ... 193273 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../netxms-server_3.9.156-1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking netxms-server:amd64 (3.9.156-1) ...
Setting up netxms-server:amd64 (3.9.156-1) ...
NetXMS Database Manager Version 3.9.156 Build 3.9-156-g8c36cbe353 (UNICODE)

Unable to load and initialize database driver "mysql.ddr"
dpkg: error processing package netxms-server:amd64 (--configure):
installed netxms-server:amd64 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 3
Processing triggers for systemd (245.4-4ubuntu3.11) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.2) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
netxms-server:amd64
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have also tried to build via binaries using the --with-mysql command, but locks up during the Make process.

Any suggestions? Is anybody else experiencing an issue with upgrading?

Watchman

Hi,
updating from 3.8.366 to 3.9.156 works fine here (updated Windows package from 28-07-2021, 10:35).

Many Thanks for ongoing improvements. 8)

But there are 2 'Problems':

• The SMTP check via Network service is not longer working.
  • Trying to install any Agent-Version over version 3.9.156, via Package Deployment, fails with 'File transfer failed'  :-\
    This might be a little desaster, when a new version has to be installed ..

ChrisM

Quote from: ChrisM on July 28, 2021, 03:49:39 PM
Hi Victor

I am struggling to upgrade my Ubuntu 20.04 Netxms-server (3.8 version ) to the latest version (3.9 )  it fails saying missing mysql.ddr (I have confirmed and the file is missing)

This was built previously with Mysql and worked fine (3.8 )

I have tried to upgrade via the "get-apt" process and it fails.

I think the issue may stem from upgrading the Ubuntu OS from 18 to 20 previously. Although the OS upgrade (Months ago) was successful and Netxms 3.8 continued to function, the upgrade to 3.9 ultimately failed. Having rolled back my server to a previous snapshot (OS 18.04) the upgrade to Netxms 3.9 was now successful.

tanero

After upgrade from 3.8.x to 3.9.156 web console can not login and shows an error message about incompatible protocol versions. (attachment included.)

Downloaded new version web console from https://netxms.org/download/releases/3.9/nxmc-3.9.156.war  but after installing cannot login and  version shows below right corner, still 3.8.405.

ChrisM

This suggests the Server is one version ahead of the client. I would suggest fully uninstalling the client, then reinstall the new version.
I have seen this myself where the original version is installed in a different file path.

tanero

Quote from: ChrisM on July 29, 2021, 11:53:39 AM
This suggests the Server is one version ahead of the client. I would suggest fully uninstalling the client, then reinstall the new version.
I have seen this myself where the original version is installed in a different file path.

Not exactly, server and client versions are the same on the server.

ii  netxms-agent:amd64                   3.9.156-1                     amd64        NetXMS agent
ii  netxms-base:amd64                    3.9.156-1                     amd64        NetXMS core libraries
ii  netxms-dbdrv-pgsql:amd64             3.9.156-1                     amd64        PostgreSQL driver for netxms-server
ii  netxms-server:amd64                  3.9.156-1                     amd64        meta package

The error message comes from the webconsole. I think the webconsole (war package) somehow could not be upgraded to the latest version.

tanero

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on July 27, 2021, 06:38:29 PM
Hi,

it's packaging error. I just uploaded updated installers for agent and server, please try to download again.

Best regards,
Victor

the webconsole also has a problem with protocol and older then the server.

tanero

Today, downloaded the webconsole from the https://netxms.org/download/releases/3.9/nxmc-3.9.156.war again.

And this time, it seems version changed to the latest one, and worked without any problem.

lweidig

I believe the fix NX-2073 may be overzealous or not working as expected.  Since upgrading to this release many of our Cambium ePMP devices have started reporting this on the wireless interface and there definitely is not an issue that I can determine.  If there is some information we can collect to help let us know.  Thanks as always!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Could you please provide screenshot of "Interfaces" tab for few such devices?

Best regards,
Victor

lweidig

I had cleared them all, but will as new ones pop up.  Here is one and the error message is on the wireless interface MAC.