News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Agent configuration manager

Started by xenth, May 09, 2008, 05:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenth

Hi,

I've been trying to find out what this feature does, but I can't seem to find out exactly what it does.

I'm not supposed to manually copy the content of my created config to the nodes running th agent am I?

Is there perhaps any way to copy the config to one of the packages in the package monitor?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

It's intended for centrally stored configs. If you start agent with option -M management_server_address, then agent tries to connect to management server and get configuration file from there. In agent configuration manager you can define these configs and filters to decide which agent takes which config.

Best regards,
Victor

xenth

Anth0ny

is cmd option "-M management_server_address" equal to "Servers =" at agent's config file?
if i define this parameter, will Agent sync config file with Management server every time at agent start?

and how can i add an extra path info to Agent's setup command line?

is it possible? -P "path_to_agent_folder"

=)

Victor Kirhenshtein

Quote from: Anth0ny on June 11, 2008, 01:13:57 PM
is cmd option "-M management_server_address" equal to "Servers =" at agent's config file?

-M specifies address of server which will provide nxagentd.conf. It can be the same server as in Servers parameter, or different.

if i define this parameter, will Agent sync config file with Management server every time at agent start?

Yes, agent will sync config every time it starts.

and how can i add an extra path info to Agent's setup command line?

is it possible? -P "path_to_agent_folder"

I'm not sure what you mean: specify path for agent's config, or target directory for installation?

Best regards,
Victor

Anth0ny

path for Agent installation, sure =)

Victor Kirhenshtein

nxagent-0.2.21.exe /DIR=path

Full list of possible agent installer options can be found in Installation Guide, section 5.5.

Best regards,
Victor

Anth0ny