News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Certificate / 2-way SSL setup

Started by blah, January 28, 2013, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blah

Hi

I found this post https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/login-with-certificate/ about how to set up the certificate login for users but I didn't understand...
Quotethe CA certificate has already been added to the "Certificates".

I looked everywhere in the Web-UI but didn't find in the menu any "Certificates" entry.

Could please somebody be so kind to put me on the right track about where/how to install the server certificate when using the standalone web interface - where do I have to install the root certificate? Do I have to unpack the war of the webserver and put it somewhere there?

I already did this in the past with IIS, Weblogic and Apache, but have no clue about NetXMS' standalone webserver... .

Thanks a lot!!

Alex Kirhenshtein

blah

Thank you for your reply.

But the other guy said in the post that it was working...
Quotethanks, it works.

Perhaps I overdid it when writing "2-way SSL"?
Or perhaps you mean that it's unsupported when using the standalone web interface?

Thanks a lot

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Currently certificate authentication is only supported in legacy Windows console. We will add certificate authentication to the web and Java UI in near future (probably in 1.2.7 or 1.2.8 release).

Best regards,
Victor

blah

Got it   :D
Thanks a lot for the information and keep up with the good work!

rogerio

Hello,

We just installed version 1.2.8. It seems that certificate authentication isn't included in this version. Do you have any idea when it will be available for web and java ui?

Thanks!

Tatjana Dubrovica

Certificate authentication is included in java console since 1.2.11.
Still not included in Web-UI. Certificate can be added through the web, but login is still only with password.

Information about certificate configuration can be found there:
https://www.netxms.org/documentation/adminguide/user-management.html#certificate-authentication