News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Configuration Lost after reboot

Started by rainerh, July 16, 2018, 10:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainerh

Hello,
when I do some changes or remove nodes from Templates, after reboot all changes are lost.
For example
(1)
I have a Template called Windows (old). This is an old template with an Automatic Apply Rules.
I delete all nodes from this template and disable the Automatic Apply Rule.
After reboot the Automatic Apply Rule for this Template is enabled and all nodes will be added.

(2)
I made changes in Data Collection Configuration. All works fine until reboot.
Alle changes which I made are back to old.

Hope you can help

Thanyk's a lot
Rainer

rainerh

When I edit a template. All changes and new entries will be deleted after reboot

rainerh

I lost so many things. All I have done last month is deleted after reboot.
Is there a possibility to make a force save of all the configuration.
Or export all the templates?

gdodd

In Configuration/Server Configuration, there is a setting for "ImportConfigurationOnStartup". Default is 1. Set this to 0. This is likely what is causing your issue.

You can export various components of your configuration using the Tools/Export Configuration option.

If you have a recent backup of your database you should be able to restore that and before starting NetXMS, change the "ImportConfigurationOnStartup" var_value in the config table from 1 to 0.

rainerh

Hello gdodd  :) :) :)
I am so so so happy that you solved the problem.
I realy like this product and use is it many times.
With this problem I was very frustrated and found no solution. I tried so many things..

No tested the solution (ImportConfigurationOnStartup set to 0). I can stop or restart the service and nothing get lost.
I also test to reboot the Server 3 times - no problem  :)

Thank you sooooo much.
Rainer