Configure SNMP Trap for Cisco catalyst 2950 Switching Hub

Started by bimal, March 16, 2007, 03:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry

Hello,

Now, I want to monitor TCP perfromance of my Cisco catalyst 2950 Switching Hub by using the MIB.
The MIB is available at :

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-TCP-MIB.my

Specially, I want to monitor TCP input Packet and TCP output Packet of all ports individually.
So, I want to set the threshold of all ports and to get the alert event if any port is over the threshold.
And, I want to view the performance graphc of all oprts indivisually.

How can I do it?

Any help on this subject will be greately appreciated.

Best Regards,
-Terry

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

Currently, you have only one way: define two DCIs for each port, and configure threshold for each DCI. Of course, it can be very time consuming for large number of ports. In one of the next versions (0.2.16 or 0.2.17, depending on my free time) we plan to implement "table" DCIs which will allow you to define parameters which differs only in instance only once, and system will automatically generate actual DCIs for each parameter's instance (for each port in your case).

Best regards,
Victor

kghammond

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on March 23, 2007, 06:29:58 PM
Hello!

Currently, you have only one way: define two DCIs for each port, and configure threshold for each DCI. Of course, it can be very time consuming for large number of ports. In one of the next versions (0.2.16 or 0.2.17, depending on my free time) we plan to implement "table" DCIs which will allow you to define parameters which differs only in instance only once, and system will automatically generate actual DCIs for each parameter's instance (for each port in your case).

Best regards,
Victor

Has this been implemented yet?  We are trying to setup inteface bandwidth per switch port on DELL switches to start, Cisco switches later.  I tried using a template and putting in the OID's  .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10 and .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16  But it seems the template needs to know the instance ID for each of the DCI's. :(

It would be nice if you could dynamically assign the instance number based on table of some sort.

I guess this kind of breaks the way you have templates setup.  Say you have 4 switches that are all the same, so you want a template for each of the switches.  Then you might want another template for each switch that defines the port monitoring on that specific switch.  It is almost like you need nested templates.

Thank you,
Kevin

Victor Kirhenshtein

Unfortunatelly, it's still not implemented :( But still in TODO list...

Best regards,
Victor