Custom Schedule query

Started by bulwer, January 04, 2013, 12:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulwer

I have setup an average ping time DCI for one of our sites that has a poor network connection and set it to email if the Average pings for the last 5 collections is over 1 second. This works perfectly but keeps emailing us in the early hours when the backup runs across the network. I tried to set up a custom schedule to just collect data in the day using rows like the following:

*/1 9 * * *
*/1 10 * * *
*/1 11 * * *
*/1 17 * * *

This doesn't work however and the schedule disappears after a few minutes. Is there a way I can just collect every minute between say 9 and 5 or 9 and 6?

bulwer

Actually I've just tried * 9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 * * * after reading the Wiki page on cron - hopefully this will work

bulwer

That didn't work either - just disappeared after 3 or 4 minutes

Anders

I'd guess that the custom scheduler doesn't affect/work on the average PING-agent(?).

An alternative solution could be to write a filter script in the Event Processing Policy that only allows alarms between 9am and 5/6pm. Then you wouldn't lose the statistics.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

What you mean by "disappeared"? It stops collecting data, or configured schedule really disappears from DCI configuration?

Best regards,
Victor

bulwer

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on January 04, 2013, 04:47:51 PM
Hi!

What you mean by "disappeared"? It stops collecting data, or configured schedule really disappears from DCI configuration?

Best regards,
Victor

It really disappears from DCI configuration. It seems to stay for the first few minutes but then goes completely