OID UNSUPPORTED

Started by rameshpavaluri, June 08, 2018, 07:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rameshpavaluri

Hi Team,

In an installation im using MOXA branded switches, as a default NetXMS MIB browser doesn't have the OIDs for the mentioned brand. So I followed the steps mentioned in the 'Add MIBs' in the discussion forum and compiled the MIB file and now I could able to select the OIDs for the particular switch.

However I face the difficulty while adding the OID's to the DCI. When I select some OID's I could able to see the value in 'Walk" but when I add it to the DCI the NetXMS popup an error as "UNSUPPORTED"

I'm using MOXA- IKS 6726 A and EDS-408A switches and I have attached the screen shot

Regards
Ramesh

Tursiops

Hi,

If you have a closer look at your screenshot, you will notice that the OID in the walk which is holding the data is .1.3.6.1.4.1.8691.7.7.1.16.5.2.9.0.
The parameter you are trying to poll in your DCI is .1.3.6.1.4.1.8691.7.7.1.16.5.2.9, which is not the same thing and doesn't hold any data, hence you are getting unsupported as a result.
Add the .0 at the end of your DCI parameter and you should be good to go.

Cheers

rameshpavaluri

Hi Tursiops,

Thank you for your help, its working

Regards
Ramesh

Victor Kirhenshtein

Just a hint - to simplify DCI creation from OIDs and avoid mistakes, you can right-click on walk result and select "Create DCI".

Best regards,
Victor

rameshpavaluri

in the walk result window im unable to right click