Displaying timestamp of DCI in dashboard

Started by szabolcs, October 10, 2019, 01:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szabolcs

Hello,

I'm monitoring backups with a Push DCI through snmp traps. So the snmp trap fires an action script runs that pushes the result to the DCI.
Now I would like to visualize this by displaying the timestamp of the dci + result, but don't really know where should I start with this.
Currently I have a DCI that has the name of the backup job and stores the result.

What I would like to achieve is something like this:

BackupJobName |Last Backup Result datetime |Last Backup Result

Any guidance where and how to start is much appreciated.

Filipp Sudanov

In the action script you can push the result to several DCIs, so you can store the result to one DCI and timestamp to another.
Displaying on dashboard is easier, if you have a DCI with the same name present on several nodes - in that case you can create a DCI Summary Table and use it in a Dashboard, specifying a container, where the needed nodes are located.
If all DCIs are on a single node, then it would be necessary to create a gauge for each DCI manually. Or it could be possible to create a table DCI on that node and populate data into it by script, but it would require quite complicated scripting.

szabolcs

Dear Filipp, thank you very much, think I can get this work now with, had a lack of understanding of the time functions but think I got it now. :)

szabolcs

One more thing :)
Is it possible to somehow display the date/time on dashboard when stored as uint? Tried to play around with formatting string %tY for example, but all i get is invalid format.

Tatjana Dubrovica

You are right formating (like: "%tY" or "%1$tT %1$tD") should work. It's a bug in console that it does not work. It is fixed and will be in next patch release.