Ignore interface polling

Started by Anders, March 04, 2013, 09:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anders

Hi,

I have a Linux machine with *allot* of logical interfaces, it's probably > 1000. As you can imagen it often freezes the NetXMS Console UI and creates scenarios where the NetXMS Console crashes when trying to browse the node.

Is it possible to somehow limit the amount of polled interfaces?

Thanks in advance

Anders

SKYnv

Quote from: Anders on March 04, 2013, 09:11:17 PM
Hi,

I have a Linux machine with *allot* of logical interfaces, it's probably > 1000. As you can imagen it often freezes the NetXMS Console UI and creates scenarios where the NetXMS Console crashes when trying to browse the node.

Is it possible to somehow limit the amount of polled interfaces?

Thanks in advance

Anders

select all interfaces > right click > unmanage

Anders

Thanks, but isn't there a way to prevent NetXMS server to retrieve the interface list for newly added nodes?

My node for example has > 1000 interfaces named eth0, if I try to unmanage all of those, my interfaces freezes and it doesn't really solve my problem. I'd like to reducing the amount of interfaces under the node and if possible, just allow one main interface with the "default" ip-address.

Victor Kirhenshtein

You can disable configuration polls for the node, and delete all unneeded interface objects. Drawback of this solution is that server also will not read supported parameters, etc.

Actually, it is strange that UI cannot handle such number of objects. I'll try to simulate this situation and see. Good chance that this is just a bug that can be fixed.

Best regards,
Victor

m37r0

what about more than 500 nodes? Can i unamnage interfaces pooling for all at once? I need only icmp....

Victor Kirhenshtein

You can use nxshell script for that. This example could be good starting point: http://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/Using_nxshell_to_automate_bulk_operations#Disable_SNMP_polling_for_node.

Best regards,
Victor