NetXMS agent config for UPS via USB cable

Started by wdavids, July 03, 2018, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdavids

Hi,

We have a APC ups that we want to monitor via NetXMS so that we can see if there is a power outage or if UPS is using batteries. We are using a USB cable to connect UPS and a computer, netxms agent is installed on the computer but I want to know what to type in the netxms agent config file to connect to ups so that i can pull the data.

I also added the DCI value for the ups but it shows not supported, what does that mean?

Tursiops

We're using SNMP to monitor UPS' at our end (no matter if connected via network or USB), but I recall using the inbuilt sub-agent once before and I did something similar to what's mentioned in this post:
https://www.netxms.org/forum/configuration/more-detailed-information-to-configure-an-usb-ups/
That is, I didn't use the serial number of the UPS in the configuration file, as there was only one UPS connected.

Other than that, you may need to replace (*) with (0), as that's the number of your UPS in the configuration. Not sure if that's really needed if you only have one UPS.
Or use actual Instance Discovery using the "UPS.DeviceList" list?

wdavids

Thanks for the help it is working now, only weird thing when I choose to monitor the UPS online status and says unsupported, does that have something to do with the model of UPS?

Tursiops

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question, as we're not using the sub-agent.
I do know that different models of APC UPS do not all report everything back (via SNMP that is), but usually the unsupported things are more like Part Numbers or Output Current, not the overall UPS status.