Server / Monitoring Configuration Not Save

Started by sss, June 26, 2007, 04:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdl

Hi guys,

I'm currently using 0.2.17 (Linux bones 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5 #1 Sat Oct 14 16:59:26 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux) and try to create a user in the Remote GUI (Windows).
The problem is the following. I looks like the created user is not saved if I stop the server (kill -TERM <PID)! This means - deduction - that if for any reason your server stops running or netxmsd process crashes, your configuration is lost... And this can represent quite some work!

Could you, please, correct me if I'm wrong or implement a kind of "save server config" in the GUI menu or automatically save any configuration item as the server (DEBUG mode) seems to receive the information in near real-time?

Thanks for your suport,
Regards,

JDamien

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

You have found a new bug, just introduced in 0.2.17 :) Problem is with malformed SQL request - you can see it in the log if you enable logging of failed SQL queries by adding LogFailedSQLQueries = yes to netxmsd.conf. I'll fix it today. Looks like 0.2.17 is one of the buggiest versions we ever release...

Best regards,
Victor

P.S. Normally, server commits all unsaved configuration changes to database periodically - every 60 seconds by default. All unsaved changes also will be commited on shutdown.