Since upgrading to 1.0.11 service status has changed to unkown

Started by DH, April 08, 2011, 08:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Hi,

I have many nodes which in practice are router / firewall / NAT devices, Draytek 2600, 2800 and 2820 models.
I monitor them with SNMP and a service monitor to check the management interface is alive, the service monitor being configured like this:

service type: user-defined
IP Protocol: TCP
TCP/UDP port: 50089
Request:
Response

Up to and including 1.0.10 this worked but with 1.0.11 it no longer does, the SNMP stuff still works fine but a status poll of the node returns "Unable to check service status due to agent or communication error" when checking the servce. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks,
David Hewison

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Is NetXMS agent running on NetXMS server machine? Is portcheck subagent loaded? (you can check this by right-clicking on NetXMS server node, and selecting Tools->Info->Agent->Subagents).

Best regards,
Victor

DH

Many thanks Victor,

When I tried your suggestion I got the same 'communication error' so I re-installed the agent which made no difference, so then I uninstalled the agent, stopped the core and web servers, ran the server install again over the top of the existing installation, installed the agent again and hey presto it is working again.

By god, you are clever !

All the best,
David

Victor Kirhenshtein

Did you install agent using agent installer on same machine where NetXMS server is running? Normally you shouldn't do that, because server installer installs agent as well.

Best regards,
Victor

DH

Hi Victor,

It was an upgrade and I upgraded the server first then I uninstalled the agent and ran the downloadable agent installer, I will know to just run the server installer next time !

Many thanks for your prompt help on this.

David