snmp tables

Started by lindeamon, March 19, 2017, 06:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

hi,

i want to create snmp table dci's. is there any quick way to do that ?
a tool that will create the table ?

Regards,
Lindeamon

Tursiops

I am not aware of a tool that will create tables for you at present.
Setting one up however is a relatively quick process, assuming you know what you are looking for.

My process tends to be as follows:

• Determine the Index in the table (I've encountered several in the past where the actual Index was not really an Index).
  • Determine which other OIDs you want to collect
    Some tables will likely contain a lot more information than you need/want, the first screenshot is an example of that.
  • Create Table DCI
  • Under General, set Index OID as Parameter (second screenshot)
  • Under Columns, add the other OIDs, one by one (third screenshot)

Attached screenshots are for a Cisco WAP (which happens to be one of those "Index != Index" ones, hence the parameter does not end on 1, but 4).

lindeamon

hi Tursiops,

thank you for your time and effort.
was hoping to have a tool that will make my life easier :-)

Regards,
Lindeamon

Tursiops

A tool that lets you enter the table's index OID, will fetch all OIDs underneath, link it up to your MIB table and present it with a tickbox style interface "Which of these items would you like to query?" and some drop downs/checkboxes reflecting the current Columns configuration options.

Maybe that could be a feature request? :)

lindeamon

i hope victor and the team will do it for us, it will save us hours of configuration...

Victor Kirhenshtein

lindeamon

Great !!!

in fact, it would be great to have a tool that will also create regular snmp queries and a tool to create snmp traps\events.
any tool that will make the process a lot easier.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

cbwecomm

I hate to drudge up an old thread/topic, but I looked at the feature request link and didn't see that this was ever implemented.  I was googling and came across this topic, as I was looking for the same thing; I'm manually trying to find/parse/figure out all OIDs and create DCI's for a device.  I feel like I have probably 30-40 hours into this now and I don't think I've even made a dent in the possibilities yet haha.   Being able to walk everything, and then just rename DCIs or turn them into templates would be amazing.  

Although, I may have missed something or being this totally wrong, too!  :-)

Tatjana Dubrovica

It was implemented "Query..." for SNMP Table in "Table Columns" property page in 4.4 version. So starting from NetXMS 4.4 it will be possible to query all possible SNMP coluns if metric OID is configured correctly.
I also created another issue to create SNMP table directly from the MIB Browser ( https://track.radensolutions.com/issue/NX-2429 ).