SubAgent - icmp ping

Started by wdavids, August 03, 2018, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdavids

Hi,

I use ICMP Ping response time but it doesn't work it only show's 10k and also my Average response value is 0 is that correct cause it doesn't change on some routers, any ideas why it might show that. I have attached my config file and also my DCI settings.

Best Regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

response time 10000 means "unreachable". Are you sure that devices will respond to ICMP ping from node with agent?

Best regards,
Victor

wdavids

Hi Victor

I can ping the unifi device normally with ping command, could it be the device doesn't support that?

Regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

what exact parameter you are using (ICMP.AvgPingTime, ICMP.LastPingTime, etc.)? And what is agent version?
Please also provide content of agent table ICMP.Targets (you can get it from command line with command nxget -T agent_ip_address ICMP.Targets).

Best regards,
Victor

wdavids

Hi Victor

Thanks for the reply, I am using the ICMP.PING parameter that is showing the value 10k, the version of the agent is 2.2.6.
I only get the following commands nxagentd     nxappget     nxapush      nxencpasswd

Regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

you should run nxget command on your NetXMS server - it is command line tool that connects to agent and requests given parameter. It is also strange that average ping time is provided, so agent definitely can ping targets in background. Please also try to request Icmp.Ping with nxget and show actual DCI configuration.

Best regards,
Victor

wdavids

Hi Victor

I have attached the target list. Thanks so far for your help.

Kind regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

for ICMP.Ping request please use this command:

nxget 10.10.0.101 'ICMP.Ping(10.10.2.125)'

-T option instructs nxget to request table.

Best regards,
Victor

wdavids

Thanks for the quick response, I get the value 1, have also attached an image.

Best Regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

So looks like agent actually can ping target and returns correct value. Most likely problem is in DCI configuration. Please show screenshot of problematic DCI properties.

Best regards,
Victor

wdavids

Hi Victor

I have attached one of my DCI settings.

Regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

are you sure that DNS name swi-hp-304-2 can be resolved from machine where ping subagent runs?

Best regards,
Victor