Trivial transformation not working

Started by hbc, January 11, 2019, 10:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbc

Hi guys!

I recently installed netXMS 2.2.11 on linux from sources and added some DCIs to templates for getting started.
I watched the video tutorial and read the docs.

I read an SNMP value (uptime) and want to transform it to minutes (timeticks/6000). Analog to tutorials this should be pretty easy.

My transformation:

$1/6000
or
return $1/6000;

I set data type to floating point, but all I get is:

QuoteCannot execute script: Incompatible operation

Server debug log (lvl7) shows

2019.01.11 09:40:52.707 [client.session.0   ] Received message CMD_TEST_DCI_TRANSFORMATION
2019.01.11 09:40:52.707 [client.session.0   ] Sending message CMD_REQUEST_COMPLETED (32 bytes)

I also tested nxscript command on cli and compiled some preinstalled scripts from script library. Script compiler seems to work.

So what am I doing wrong or do i have to change, that transformations work? This is a real show stopper.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Looks very strange. Could you post screenshots of your DCI configuration? Also, is it template DCI or you configure it directly on node?

Best regards,
Victor

hbc

It is a template. Somewhere in forum, I found the quote:

QuoteTransformation scripts in templates never executed - it is just a template for real DCIs.

So, I tried to run the test in object DCI and there it worked. A bit tricky to develop templates, since I have to apply them to test scripts.