Data collection error - Threshold

Started by jdowney, March 13, 2012, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdowney

I'm trying to setup a data collection threshold so that if the ping subagent does not get a response it activates a SYS_THRESHOLD_REACHED. I'm using netXMS version 1.1.9. I'm a bit confused as when I try and set the Data collection error I'm not sure what I should be putting on the Function / value fields. Any guideance would be brill.

In the 1.0.8 version which i'm running in a different location it blanks out the last 2 fields (will be / than). So it does not force anything to be put in there.

Also is there a way to look at the log for the say a time period in version 1.1.9 of the results ie show data like in 1.0.8 but able to look at more spefic time other than look at the last 1000 results?

Cheers

John

jdowney

Anyone got any ideas? Do you need any more info from me?

John

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

There are few possible ways, assuming you have preconfigured targets on agent:

1. You can collect Icmp.PacketLoss parameter for target, and generate event when last value reaches 100 (or any other unacceptable packet loss value).

2. You can collect Icmp.AvgPingTime or Icmp.LastPingTime, and set threshold for value 10000 - ping subagent returns 10000 as response time value to indicate unreachable target.

If you use Icmp.Ping parameter (so no preconfigured target), the only possible way is to set threshold for value 10000.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Victor

jdowney

aah I seem to have the Data collection policy setup like in the image attached.

Will it try and ping the same host again if I add another data collection : -  ICMP.PacketLoss ?

Thanks for the response.

John

Victor Kirhenshtein

No, for your configuration you just have to add threshold for last value = 10000. ICMP.PacketLoss will work only for preconfigured targets (added by Target = ip_addr parameters in nxagentd.conf).

Best regards,
Victor