Y-axis on line chart (dahboard)

Started by Marco Incalcaterra, January 11, 2017, 08:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco Incalcaterra

Hi!

is the Y axis always starting from 0 (with positive values)? In auto scale mode seems to start always from zero, if you have small variation in the data plotted, it is difficult to evaluate the differences, line seems almost flat.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Regards,
Marco

Tursiops

Hi Marco,

You can right click on the graph, select Properties, then change the Y Axis Range.
However, I believe this is limited to 2^31 as the highest value it will accept, if you enter something higher, the results will not be as expected. Not sure if that's only if you're using 32bit Java and Console. Haven't checked with the web interface.

Alternatively you can simply zoom in on the part you want to see in detail (I think that only works in the console, not the web interface).

Hope that helps

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: Tursiops on January 17, 2017, 12:04:34 AM
Hi Marco,

You can right click on the graph, select Properties, then change the Y Axis Range.
However, I believe this is limited to 2^31 as the highest value it will accept, if you enter something higher, the results will not be as expected. Not sure if that's only if you're using 32bit Java and Console. Haven't checked with the web interface.

Alternatively you can simply zoom in on the part you want to see in detail (I think that only works in the console, not the web interface).

Hope that helps

Hello Tursiops,

it is a dashboard with data counting continuously (always increasing in this case), I cannot set the Y axis to a specific range. With automatic set I was expecting a kind of window "adjusted" to the vertical extent of the current data fitted into the window.

Regards,
Marco

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

it cannot be solved without change in code. Please register issue in bug tracker to make Y axis always started at 0 configurable option for line charts.

Best regards,
Victor

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on January 18, 2017, 12:17:12 AM
Hi,

it cannot be solved without change in code. Please register issue in bug tracker to make Y axis always started at 0 configurable option for line charts.

Best regards,
Victor

Hi Victor,

registered as new feature request:

https://dev.raden.solutions/issues/1402

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,
Marco