Additional Tools -> Connect Options

Started by johnkv, March 02, 2011, 01:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnkv

When I right click a node Tools -> connect, it would be wonderful to be able to select RDP, Telnet or SSH.  Additionally, using fancy reverse-ssh tunneling or stunnel or something (in my mind, easier with a linux based server), having it launch the sessions FROM the management server would make my ACLs smaller and more concise (only opening things for the management server and requiring all access through the server).

An alternative, "user-defined" option (maybe configurable from the server's control panel) could be used to launch scripts (where I could define the reverse tunnels or to launch PuTTY from my windows laptop).

If any of this is do-able from the console already and I haven't RTFM'd enough let me know.  I haven't looked into NXSL at all and the I have used the manual to fill in gaps when something wasn't working as expected.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Tools are configurable (via Control panel -> Object tools). You can create new tools of type "local command" to execute commands on administartor's computer. For example, to add RDP connection option, you can create new tool with name

&Connect->Open &RDP connection

and set command to

mstsc.exe /v:%OBJECT_IP_ADDR%

Adding port-forwarding capabilities is a good idea, I'll think if this is possible to implement in console.

Best regards,
Victor

Anders

Would it be possible to feature request host specific (client) commands that isn't seen on hosts that doesn't fulfill some sort of criteria?

To further clarify, what I want to do is to provide predefined commands to solve common problems/tasks, such as the options to start, stop and restart an Apache server remotely through the NetXMS console (which I know already is possible). However these commands should only be shown under Tools on hosts that are web servers. Also if some sort of permission system could be applied of who is allowed to execute them (user and/or group), that would be great.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Permission sytem is already here - each tool has ACL, and only users/groups listed in tool's ACL will see it.

I'll think how I can add more detailed filtering for tools.

Best regards,
Victor

Anders