Custom Agent Template distribution system

Started by kghammond, February 12, 2008, 05:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kghammond

I would like to be able to create custom agent configuration settings and save them with a template.  Then if a device is a memeber of that template, it would automatically add those custom agent configuration settings to all nodes of that template.

For example, if I create a SQL server template, I would like to store the following custom agent counters with the template.  Then anytime I add a new device to that template these custom agent counters will automatically get installed:

*WinPerf
Counter = UserProcess.SQLServer.CPU:"\Process(sqlservr)\% Processor Time":60:A:INT:Average % CPU Time for sqlservr.exe over past minute
Counter = UserProcess.SQLServer.IO.ReadBytes:"\Process(sqlservr)\IO Read Bytes/sec":60:A:INT:Average I/O Read Bytes for sqlservr.exe over past minute
Counter = UserProcess.SQLServer.IO.WriteBytes:"\Process(sqlservr)\IO Write Bytes/sec":60:A:INT:Average I/O Write Bytes for sqlservr.exe over past minute
Counter = UserProcess.SQLServer.IO.OtherBytes:"\Process(sqlservr)\IO Other Bytes/sec":60:A:INT:Average I/O Other Bytes for sqlservr.exe over past minute
Counter = UserProcess.SQLServer.Memory:"Process(sqlservr)\Working Set":60:A:INT:Average Memory usage for sqlservr.exe over past minute