Mixed Network Map modes

Started by sperlm, October 24, 2013, 03:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sperlm

Hello,

automated network maps work perfect, but in reality it is somewhat lacking in flexibility related to intentional adjustments and tweaking.

What I am talking about is a network consisting of parts which are "separated" by BPDU drops or consist of devices incapable of LLDP (which are omitted in the map).

So I was thinking how to bypass these limitations...

* BPDU drops and other port related "separations"
If there was an option to select more than one seed node when the map is created (or better - be able to add/remove "additional seeds").
this would be used on maps that have more than one "separated" parts, because seeding the map from the separated part would only create map with only that one part in addition to the main part

* manually adding nodes
The possibility to hard-add devices between two automated ones based on a rule (after the map automatically updates), or being able to override some logic and add nodes to a list of found devices.
this could help with adding non-standard devices without LLDP functionality, right now I have to create two maps - one automated, and one manual with the missing devices

Without these options I had to create one manual map with several drill downs. Trying to unneedingly split up the network so the automatic maps can handle it. It is not perfect as all drill down maps show the main part of the map unless I select appropriate radius and seed node for the map....

Do you think something could be done along those lines ?

With regards,

Milan Sperl

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

I completely agree that such functionality is needed. I've registered it as feature request - https://www.radensolutions.com/chiliproject/issues/417.

Best regards,
Victor

Tatjana Dubrovica

Hi,

Manually added elements on automatic maps will be included in netXMS 1.2.14 release.

Thank you