Multiple snmp communities in same node

Started by mbou, April 11, 2014, 10:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbou

Dear Netxms,

First let me congratulate and thank you for a splendid product, simple, easy to use and visually appealing.
Next, let us describe what I am trying to do: I am monitoring some appliances (websphere DataPower appliances). These appliances can have multiple domains, think about a domain as a virtual server, each server is with it's own SNMP community. My challenge is that all the domains share the same IP address.

Thus, this Feature request is to support this kind of configuration: One IP with multiple SNMP communities.

I thought of couple of way to solve this:

1. Be able to create several node with the same IP, then each one of them will have a specific SNMP community
         This is currently not possible, as whenever I want to create a node with the same IP as an already existing node, NetXMS tells me that the node already exists.

2. Be able to specify multiple SNMP community for a specific node. I would prefer this approach.

3. Be able to make a transformation script that can pick up a different SNMP community, an enhanced version of "NXSL:CreateSNMPTransport"
          I believe this would be the easiest solution

If any user have already solved this I would really appreciate if you could share your solutions with me.

Best regards,
mbou