New module for drawing network maps

Started by dima-u, May 27, 2008, 11:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dima-u

Hellow, i would like to introduce  you new netxms module:

http://www.visualnet.org/netxmsMaps_0.1.4.rar

With it you can draw maps like in microsoft visio (just drag & drop objects to canvas and make lines from one object to another).
It supports:
-straight,curved and other connector types
-object resizing, adding image,changing transparancy
-auto-generating node tree (like in netxms console)
-node templates support (just apply template to node and its parameters will be applied to node)
-support fetching and applying to image node status
-supporting fetching and appying to node  last DCI  value ( as line or number)

It supports all database types on which netxms working. (tested only with mysql)
Client application is cross-plaform (tested only on  microsoft windows)

Screenshot:
http://www.visualnet.org/example.png

cjwallace

This is shit hot ;D

This looks so much easier to use than the Zabbix maps. I am yet to install netxms and thanks to you creating this module i am going to give it a go.

The one thing that makes me stay with Zabbix is the maps feature but now hopefully i can move away from it.

Agagin thanks for taking the time to create this.

Quick question. is this compatible with the latest release of nxtxms?

Cheers

craig

dima-u

http://visualnet.org/netxmsMaps_0.2.1.rar

This 0.21 version is compatible  with netxms 0.2.22 and later =). There is no need to install server side for this module, it works directly with netxms server.

Anth0ny

mmmm

Hi Thanks for the great mapping,   I am having a few issues.  The first is when I choose to display the status icon and click save on the properties the device I have dragged from my list of device to the map disappears.  If I save the map and try to reload it will not reload and just hang there.

Second when I go to properties of a  device I imagine I am meant to see a list of interfaces that I can use to connect to other devices.   I o not see anytying populated in the list though te device is a router with many interfaces.

I was looking for a way to debug the issue but nothing was obvious to me. 

Thanks again for your great map software.

dima-u

There are some problems with status icons , it will be done later. (It works in pervious version)
Linking iterfaces to ports will be done in a few weeks.

jdl

Hi there,

Could you, please, let us know what is the status on this one?
Do you plan to deliver a new release? When? Thanks.

regards,
Jdamien

testos

Hello!.

You can see dima-u user profile. Last Active: October 02, 2008, 02:55:39 pm.
I sent him this e-mail on March 23, 2009 and so far has not reply:

QuoteHi, thanks for the great mapping, it is full of possibilities.

Are you planed to abandon map project? Are you planed publish sources for integration with NetXMS project?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi all!

I think that we can consider this project as abandoned.

As for better network maps, we are now actively working on completely new management console, which is based on Eclipse platform and written in Java. It will have network map plugin, which should be better. And, if someone has experience in Java/Eclipse development, you are welcome to develop plugins for this new console.

Best regards,
Victor

testos

Do you have considered if feasible reuse WilmaScope code?
http://wilma.sourceforge.net/

Best Regards.

Billy

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on May 12, 2009, 07:04:42 PM
Hi all!

I think that we can consider this project as abandoned.

As for better network maps, we are now actively working on completely new management console, which is based on Eclipse platform and written in Java. It will have network map plugin, which should be better. And, if someone has experience in Java/Eclipse development, you are welcome to develop plugins for this new console.

Best regards,
Victor

hi victor,
    would you tell us when the new console will be put out? we are all thirsty for it!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

It's our main focus now. It's already available for preview, but it has around 50% of required functionality implemented, and still cannot be full replacement for old console. However, early testing and feedback are welcome :)

Best regards,
Victor

Billy

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on December 16, 2010, 01:54:18 PM
Hi!

It's our main focus now. It's already available for preview, but it has around 50% of required functionality implemented, and still cannot be full replacement for old console. However, early testing and feedback are welcome :)

Best regards,
Victor

it's a good new for us all! thank you!