NXSL function to enable/disable DCIs on nodes

Started by fbu, June 14, 2019, 11:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbu

Hi NetXMS team,

here's another idea of a potentially useful feature addition:

A NXSL function which allows to manually enable and disable DCIs or set their states. The function could be defined such as "setDCIStatus(dci, status)", where dci would be the DCI-object and status an integer with 0=Active, 1=Disabled and 2=Not Supported.

Maybe "setDCIStatusByID(dciID, node, status)", with dciID being an integer representing the DCI ID and node being a node-object as optional parameter, would also be possible.

The idea came to my mind, because a fairly large set of the nodes within my current setup is receiving monitoring data via NXAgent extension scripts from a centralized database, and are initially created via a big NXSL script under "Infrastructure Services", based on this data, as it is impossible to have a direct monitoring communication with NetXMS - not even with the use of NXAgent and proxy agents.

Because these devices might change in their states and different metrics temporarily might not return data any more, it would be useful to have a NXSL function, to disable those metrics via a script, as the "unsupported"-detection is also not working with this setup.

I know, template automatic apply rules can be used for this, however, once a template is un-applied from a node, the DCIs on it are gone and there is no way to access their history data via the management console until the template is re-applied, again.

What do you think, could this be useful if so, would it be difficult to implement?

Kind regards,
fbu