Rack - Blade Centers

Started by lindeamon, December 31, 2015, 05:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

Hi,

since blade centers are not represented as "pizza" servers, there should be a solution to that

10x,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

that probably will require additional element - chassis - that will be placed into rack, and blade servers will be bound to chassis in a same manner they are bound now to racks - be giving position and size.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

Hi victor,

will you do it ?

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

At some point, definitely :) I cannot promise exact release when it will be implemented though. You can keep track of it: https://dev.raden.solutions/issues/1118.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

thank you for the effort and awesome software

Anders

Hi,

Sorry for reviving this old post, but I sure would also like to see this feature implemented.
In my situation, we instead have a bunch of Supermicro Twin-servers which are 4x servers in 2U.

One way to maybe solve this issue could be to add an option to create a "Chassi" in the Object tree and then add the option to add Node(s) to a Chassi.
The Chassi should be able to be assigned to a Rack and specified how many rack-units in size it is.
In that way the Rack-picture would know how many Nodes are assigned to the chassi, its unit-size and rack-location and then the picture could be rendered based on that information.

I've attached a illustration of how a 10-node blade (with one faulty node) could be presented to the end user.

Regards,
// Anders