Deleted a Proxy Server and Cannot re-add it.

Started by JimEO, March 06, 2018, 11:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimEO

I was having issues moving a Proxy Server (DC) to a different Zone.  This server is the proxy for all of my equipment for one site.  After it was moved, I could not move it back and the alerts started going off for all of the devices for this site.  We deleted the server and now we cannot add it back in.  We removed any reference to this server, that we could find.  I can still see the server when I sun the show object "SERVER_NAME".  It shows the server name, Object ID, and the old IP Address.  How can I fully remove this device, so I can add it again.

Thanks,
Jim

JimEO

Adding to the post and issue:

Is there a way to delete a device using it's Object ID?

Tursiops

I recall seeing this issue in the past, when I removed a node from a zone, then tried to move another node into the same zone and both nodes had the same IP.
The system had not actually updated the database yet and kept telling me the IP already exists. Could take quite a while, but this usually resolved itself (or I grew impatient, restarted the service and tried again).

Haven't seen this in a while though. We're running 2.2.4. If you are running an older version, there may have been changes/fixes regarding this behaviour?

If you have an unreferenced object, you probably need to shutdown the NetXMS service and run nxdbmgr check to clean that up. Not sure if you can safely delete the object straight from the database without leaving leftovers somewhere.