Topology Information Missing

Started by hpitman, February 26, 2013, 04:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpitman

Was wondering how to get layer 2 topology information for some linux based hardware devices I have (Astaro Firewall, Meru Wifi Controller).  SNMP is working on these devices and netxms can poll them but says it cannot get layer 2 topology for those devices.  It does see the interfaces for the Astaro Firewall but doesn't see interfaces for the Meru wifi controller.  I have loaded the vendor supplied mibs for each device.  Any suggestions? 

Victor Kirhenshtein

NetXMS uses LLDP or CDP information combined with switch forwarding databases to build layer 2 topology. Can you show me overview page for these devices? Also, if there are ethernet switch in between, it is advised to add it to NetXMS as well.

Best regards,
Victor

hpitman

I've attached some screen shots of the object details for each -is this what you wanted? (I also included a third device that has the same issue: a Promise Vessraid 1840i). When I view the LLDP, CDP or switch forwarding information, there is nothing for either device.  Routing table and Arp cache does show data for the astaro but only arp cache for the meru controller. 

The wireless controller is a Meru 1500 controller and the Firewall is an Astaro Security Gateway 220 (now owned by Sophos).