Active sessions from Grafana

Started by MarcusH, August 06, 2020, 08:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusH

Hi,

I have a problem that i am trying to understand and see if it is something that can be fixed with config.

When i refresh a dashboard in grafana that has alot of unique DCI values, every tile creates its own session to the server via the webapi meaning you max out available connections to the server and then everything hangs until sessions starts to close.
What i trying to understand if this is how grafana works or is it the netxms datasource plugin or webapi that causes this problem.

If anyone has any knowledge of this i'd be happy to hear it.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

at first glance it looks like issue with data source plugin. Somebody from the team will take a look.

Best regards,
Victor

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

just fixed that (commit e4f0dfc in netxms/grafana repository). If you have installed NetXMS datasource from GitHub you can update it now, otherwise you'll have to wait some time while it will be updated in official Grafana repository.

Best regards,
Victor

MarcusH

Hi,

tested the version from github and i still get alot of connections

Alex Kirhenshtein

You are testing version 1.2.3, correct?

MarcusH

MarcusH

Just to be clear this is when dashboard is refreshed or loaded in the browser after some time the connections are closed and then only one connection per browser session is open and is used for when a grafana updates.
So it is only when browser loads it creates many connections not when grafana updates.

Alex Kirhenshtein

thanks for clarification, I'll check it.

MarcusH

Can it be the webapi?

Tested some other things with grafana and i noticed that all the connections live long after grafana is closed i.e no data polling.