After Update to V2.1-M2 No Alarms

Started by Dani@M3T, January 20, 2017, 06:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dani@M3T

Since update from V2.1-M1 to V2.1-M2 I see troubles with alarms.

I have nodes which has status 'warning' since before update, after update they have still status 'warning' but I can't see any alarms on these nodes anymore. Before update there were not answered alarms on these nodes.

I tested on another node the following:
I switched of the device, the status of this node changed to Critical, but also no alarm on alarm-tab.

I see no alarms anymore in general. Alarm browser is completely empty.

But we get the alarm emails.

There is something broken with alarms. Which additional information do you need for further troubleshooting?

thanks
Dani

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

check that all users have access right "view all alarms" (which actually means "access to all alarm categories", we will fix the text). It should be granted either directly or via group, you can add this right to "everyone" group to give it to all users. As we introduce alarm categories in 2.1-M2, by default user only see alarms belonging to categories it has access to. This access right supposed to be set by upgrade procedure but probably there is a bug in it.

Best regards,
Victor

Dani@M3T

Hi

I gave the group everyone the right 'View all alarms' and now I can see all alarms again. Maybe that's the right action the update procedure should do on existing installations.

Thanks
Dani