Agent update fails when cpu @ 100%

Started by Egert143, May 18, 2020, 07:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egert143

Hello

When upgrading agents with NetXms, i get failed update when target machine is @ 100% cpu usage, even when trying multiple times. When i pause the app that is causing high load then agent upgrade works fine. What could cause this ?

Egert

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

on what OS and what agent version?

Best regards,
Victor

Egert143

Agent is installed on windows 10 machine. This bug has been around for as long as i have been using netxms (so oldest agent i tryed should be 2.2.16) and currently i am using 3.3.314.

Maybe its somekinde timeout? Because upgrade proccess takes longer when machine is under full load ?

Egert

Filipp Sudanov

Are you upgrading via GUI, or via https://www.netxms.org/documentation/adminguide/upgrade.html#centralized-agent-upgrade ?
If it's GUI, can you record a video to see at what stage the installation is failing?

Egert143

I am upgrading with "Package Manager".

Filipp Sudanov

Can you set DebugLevel=6 in agent configuration file and show agent log during upgrade attempt?

Egert143

In Package Manager:

• Uploading
  • File transfer failed

Upgrade log:

Filipp Sudanov

There will be some changes in file upload process in v. 3.4 that should be out within a week. Please check if this problem occurs in 3.4 and give us an update.

Egert143

Seems that issue is still present. Active agent version is 3.3.314 and trying to upgrade to 3.4.178 with package manager. After few seconds i get message failed - File transfer failed.

Egert143

Hello

With versions 3.5.90 the issue is still present, agents with high cpu usage cant be upgraded. Error message is "File transfer failed".

Egert

Egert143

Hello

Reviving old topic.

With version 3.8.0, agent 3.8.262 (old agent version trying to upgrade 3.5.90) package manager update still fails when target cpu is 100% usage or very near to it (showing security camera feeds). Can i assist with logs or something to get this issue resolved?

Egert

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

try to run file transfer manually from server with nxupload command line tool - when will it stop and with what error? If possible, capture TCP session between server and agent used for upload and provide capture file.

Best regards,
Victor

Egert143

First time using that tool, so hope i did it correctly.

Command i ran: "nxupload TargetIP Path\nxagent-3.8.262-x64.exe". It stops with "Upload: 7178488" and then "error: 408: Request timeout".

Egert

Victor Kirhenshtein

Egert143

nxagent-3.8.262-x64.exe size is 6,84MB