Alarm View or Dashboard with DCI Value

Started by DW, April 13, 2024, 12:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DW

Hi,

i cant figure out how to do a view/alarm view where i want to see just 1 DCI.

What i want to do:

1) i check the last System Update with the agent (working)
2) i want to have a list where i just see the alarms (treshold reached) from that sytem update dci item (over all hosts)
3) filter for just servers (like Server 20*)

I searched for it but cant find something about that :( (maybe i missed it).

THank you!

Filipp Sudanov

Alarm filter allows to filter by multiple conditions - if you press space bar in filter field, drop down with possible keywords will open.

Source: - is node name, however wildcards are not supported. But you can make a separate container for your servers - nodes can be present in multiple containers simultaneously. And containers can have auto-bind scripts to add nodes automatically.

Event: - is event name, list of possible options will be shown. It is convenient to configure events with different names for different occasions in addition to SYS_THRESHOLD_REACHED. This way it's easier to dealt with them in EPP rules or search alarms, so your update DCI is a good candidate to have separate event for it.

That's approximately it. In addition you can check DCI summary table functionality - this allows to display table with DCI data accross multiple nodes.
And, also, you can use a container and it's auto-bind script to add only nodes that have some threshold triggered. This way you'll always have a list of nodes that require attention at hand.