News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Alarm viewer and some questions

Started by DvMourik, November 04, 2009, 01:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DvMourik

Hello,

We started using netXMS 2 months ago and are very pleased with it. We now have a big screen on our department which shows us the problems with Alarm Viewer.

We know we use to have a pc with IE6 to get it working but it works.
Also we tried the webinterface and Alarm tab... problem here is that the alarms are not updates realtime... something what is great with Alarm Viewer.

We have some slight problems with it :

- Alarm Viewer need to be reset couple of times a day
- We want to change background so it stays changed (we can change it while started in the folder... but with a restart it's gone)

Than i have also a question about Alarm Notifier.. some cool tool which runs in my system tray all the time.
I want to install it at home so i get the alarms there too is that possible... so yeah which ports it uses so i can put it in my ISA server.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

Quote from: DvMourik on November 04, 2009, 01:00:46 PM
We know we use to have a pc with IE6 to get it working but it works.
Also we tried the webinterface and Alarm tab... problem here is that the alarms are not updates realtime... something what is great with Alarm Viewer.

We have some slight problems with it :

- Alarm Viewer need to be reset couple of times a day
- We want to change background so it stays changed (we can change it while started in the folder... but with a restart it's gone)

Both alternate background for Alarm Viewer and automatic refresh of alarm list should be easy to implement. I'll try not to forget and add it to next release.

Quote from: DvMourik on November 04, 2009, 01:00:46 PM
Than i have also a question about Alarm Notifier.. some cool tool which runs in my system tray all the time.
I want to install it at home so i get the alarms there too is that possible... so yeah which ports it uses so i can put it in my ISA server.

All client tools use TCP port 4701 to connect to server.

Best regards,
Victor

DvMourik

thanks alot for the quick answers.
We will be waiting for the next release ;)

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

For now, I have patched nxhttpd so "Alarms" page in web UI refreshes periodically. See this topic: https://www.netxms.org/forum/index.php/topic,780.msg3676.html#msg3676.

Best regards,
Victor

bergtoyshvds

This question has been posted two years ago, but I still experience the same problems.
I installed Alarm Viewer 1.2.2. and it still has some problems with refreshing. Currently we have to restart the application to see a refreshed alarm list.
Is there an option to set refresh time? We do not use the web viewer, but the nvav.exe application.