Alerts not being made for a single node

Started by xenth, May 21, 2008, 10:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenth

This is driving me nuts :)

I have one single node where this problem is occuring and I can't seem to find out what the problem is.

It's a printer with SNMP support, I am reading out the: toner,fuser,drum and belt values from SNMP and I have set appropriate thresholds for them.

But, there are no alerts being made. This is understandable for some of these DCI'S because they "string" datatypes meaning I can't put thresholds on them as far as I know.

I've tested the policy one a completely different node and it gets triggered there without a problem.

I really don't know what I could have forgotten, all my other thresholds for SNMP nodes are working properly.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Can you see appropriate events in event log? If they are, than your problem is in event processing policy. If not, problem is with thresholds or DCI configuration.

For thresholds on strings - you can use "equal", "not equal", "like", and "not like" operations in thresholds for string DCIs. Or use transformation script to transform them into numbers if it's possible.

Best regards,
Victor

xenth

Wow this is getting really weird.

Four different DCI'S, for four different toner statistics, all of them are integers, all of them have the same threshold, and all of them trigger the same events

But only two of them, actually trigger the event when a treshold is reached, I tested this by disabling the toner DCI'S that I wasn't testing at that time.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Could you please send me configuration of all 4 DCIs and thresholds, and historical data for them?

Best regards,
Victor

xenth

Allright, here goes :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DCI 1: BLACK TONER (this one works)

TYPE: SNMP
OID  : .1.3.6.1.4.1.2001.1.1.1.1.100.3.1.1.3.1
DATATYPE: Integer
INTERVAL: 3600

THRESHOLD:

LAST POLLED VALUE will be LESS OR EQUAL than 10
If true execute: X_TONER
If false exectue: X_TONER_NORMAL

GRAPH (it gets turned off a lot so I selected the data it did collect):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCI 2: CYAN TONER (this one works as well)

OID  : .1.3.6.1.4.1.2001.1.1.1.1.100.3.1.1.3.2

THRESHOLD:

DCI 3: MAGENTA TONER (This one does NOT workl)

OID  : .1.3.6.1.4.1.2001.1.1.1.1.100.3.1.1.3.3

THRESHOLD:

DCI 3: YELLOW TONER (This one does NOT workl)

OID  : .1.3.6.1.4.1.2001.1.1.1.1.100.3.1.1.3.4

THRESHOLD:

I have set the threshold really high on the DCI'S, I was testing to make sure that an alert would be triggered, I tried putting them on an interval of 10 seconds, I disabled all DCI'S but the ones I was testing.

I hope you see something wrong because I can't find the problem  :D

xenth